Saturday, May 30, 2009

Rhode Island Mansions-- Tour!

Last weekend Shay, Julie and Darin came here to visit it was so much fun! The first day we went into Boston to do the Freedom Trail and right as it started I got a call from Brock and I had accidentally locked him out of the house so I had to hurry and ride the T home and get his stuff for him. I was pretty bummed that I missed out on Boston but I guess I have the rest of the summer to go there :) Saturday the four of us went to New Port and took a tour of the mansions! I could not believe how big and gorgeous they were inside. It was amazing! The walls were covered in gold.... One house was called the marble house which all the walls and floors were covered in marble. I couldnt believe that people actually lived in these things. And the sad part is they were only their summer homes and would only stay there for 8 weeks out of the whole year! I wish I could post some pics of the insides of the mansions but they wouldnt let us take pictures. After that we went and ate at the red parrot and then walked along the pier and watched a beautiful sunset! Darin sat there for 30 minutes waiting for it haha while us girls went and looked at the shops.




Okay this is one if the tea houses of the mansions. This is where they went just to have tea. crazy

No comments: